This section summarizes frequently asked questions about this service.
- Q What level is the language ability of GIT engineers?
The Japanese language skills of our foreign engineers are equal to the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) N3 level or above.
N3 level indicates the ability to understand Japanese in everyday situations to some extent. Conversational skills and writing skills should be treated separately, due to individual differences. For instance, some people are able to converse but less skilled at reading or writing in Japanese. However, if, besides the daily tasks, you require interpretation or translation support, it is advised to discuss it in advance on an individual base.
In addition to their mother tongue and Japanese, all engineers have English skills equal to an average TOEIC score of 700 ‐ 900 points.
- Q What is the contract like?
- A The contract is a general temporary staffing contract. As all of our employees are permanent employees, there is no restriction on their dispatch period under the Worker Dispatch Law.
- QUnder what kind of visa are the engineers employed?
- AOne possibility is obtaining a visa in the “Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/ International Services” category, or if the spouse is Japanese, a “Spouse/Dependent of a Japanese National status of residence (spouse/dependent visa)” can be obtained.
In every case, Human Resocia applies for a work visa with a 5-years validity.
- Q Is it possible to switch from temporary dispatch to direct employment?
- A Since our employees are hired on a permanent contract, we cannot provide engineers for direct employment.
- Q What kind of cultural differences should be expected?
Fundamentally, the differences vary by country and on an individual level.
For instance, in the case of some countries, there are dietary restrictions (such as the prohibition of alcoholic beverages), or as part of their religion, praying is required. The believers of Islam, for a certain period each year, carry out fasting by not eating or drinking during the daytime.
However, within the same religion, customs may differ depending on the individual, therefore, it is advised to ask in each case, if there is something particular to consider.
- Q As part of their tasks, are GIT engineers able to correspond with customers?
- A We believe, a native Japanese colleague is a better choice for customer correspondence until our employees become confident regarding their tasks and work environment.
- Q Are your employees able to participate in internal meetings, etc.?
- A Participation is indeed possible. However, there are cases where their reading comprehension of kanji is not good enough, therefore we recommend checking the level of comprehension after each meeting or provide written materials beforehand.
- Q Do you support other aspects of life such as housing?
As part of the onboarding process, we arrange the housing, we support opening a bank account, and other things, such as setting up a mobile phone, etc.
In the early phase, we offer a shared house, and through living with other engineers, we help them to acquire Japanese culture.
- Q We are concerned about your employee returning home right away.
- A Albeit, attitudes vary for each individual and we cannot promise anything beforehand, but as a standard, during the hiring process, we make sure that besides the desire for a higher salary, improving their technical skills, they have a further interest and motivation to work in Japan. We believe, the hires already interested in Japanese popular culture, or other aspects of the country or the nation, have a stronger will for learning more about the culture and staying in Japan.
- Q In what kind of cases GIT Service can be a help for an organization?
Our engineers and GIT Service plays an important role in success for our partners in the following cases:
- The organization is in need of engineers with advanced technical skills in fields such as AI, IoT, and big data
- The company needs a liaison engineer in overseas projects and connections
- The organization needs improvement of specifications written in English, as English skills are now required in addition to IT skills
- The company has a personnel shortage of engineers with a special set of IT skills
- In the partner company employing foreign professionals is planned, as part of the preparation process, GIT engineers are hired
- The company aims for globalization and in need of support
In several cases, in addition to IT skills, the advantage of foreign languages, such as English can be utilized in many ways.
- Q We would like to accept employees but we are still concerned about their Japanese language ability.
We have a solution to the matter by providing a group dispatching service.
In this case, the expected burden and risk for the receiving company are reduced, as engineers with high Japanese ability can support two or more engineer colleagues with lower Japanese abilities. As an additional advance of this multiple-person system, larger scope projects or tasks can be assigned to the engineers.
- Q What is the support system like?
After joining Human Resocia, we focus on Japanese language training and also our engineers undergo training on Japanese business manners.
During the Japanese language training, our employees improve their language skills on a daily basis with the aim to take the Japanese Language Proficiency Test that takes place twice a year. Regarding business etiquette, we have more practical content, such as how to exchange business cards, greetings in a business environment, and how to write business emails.